anise bread with sweet pear sauce
2 mini loaves — 40 minutes
Since getting those mini silicone pans, we've been making mini everything. This time, we made some anise sweet bread topped with a sauce, and loaded with caramelized pear chunks.
My bag of anise seeds has been sitting in my pantry, for way too long, begging for purpose. We are happy to report that the taste of anise pairs very well with pears.
- flax seeds7 g
- water45 ml
- granulated sugar50 g
- anise seeds3 g, ground
- all purpose flour90 g
- baking powder3 g
- soy milk150 ml
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Put 7 g (1 tbsp) of ground flax seeds with 45 ml (3 tbsp) of water, let thicken for 5 minutes (this is your flax 'egg'). Mix in 50 g (1/4 cup) of sugar and stir until dissolved. Add 3 g (1 tsp) of ground anise seeds, and mix once more.
- Add 90 g (3/4 cup) of all purpose flour to a bowl with 3 g (1 1/2 tsp) of baking powder. Mix.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones, while gradually adding a bit over 150 ml of soy milk.
- Transfer evenly, to 2 mini loaf pans.
- bosc pear1
- canola oil15 ml
- granulated sugar15 g
- maple syrup15 ml
- Cut your bosc pear into cubes.
- Heat a pan at medium to high heat, add 60 ml (1/4 cup) of canola oil. Once melted, add 15 g (1 tbsp) of sugar and 15 ml (1 tbsp) of maple syrup.
- Once it starts to boil, add the cubed bosc pear and lower the heat. Let it bathe in the sweet mixture for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the 2 mini loaves, bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool and serve!