spinach oatmeal cookies
5 pieces — 20 minutes
When making green cookies, spinach is an obvious choice. It adds colour, nutrition, and doesn't alter the flavour of the food.
I've been having a lot of baking failures as of late, I needed something simple to make that didnt involve flour.
This recipe also doesn't take very long to make. It makes 5 small cookies, it's easy and doesn't make a mess. I never bake huge batches of desserts, but if you want more you can double or triple the recipe easily.
- spinach 15 g
- banana 1
- vanilla extract 1.25 ml
- rolled oats 60 g
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F)
- Purée 15 g (~1 handful) of spinach leaves with 1 whole banana.
- Stir in 1.25 ml (1/4 tsp) of vanilla extract and 60 g (1/2 cup) of rolled oats.
- Put 5 balls of dough onto a baking sheet lined with a baking mat (or parchment paper). Flatten the balls down into desired thickness.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, let cool for 10 minutes before you move them off the baking mat.