roasted pumpkin seeds
6 servings — 30 minutes
Pumpkin seeds can be prepared in many ways, one of the best ones is oven-roasted! It doesn't take a lot of time, and it makes a nice snack or add-on to soups or other meals.
I don't buy raw shelled pumpkin seeds often, because they're expensive. It helps to buy them in bulk, you pay less in the end.
Roasted pumpkin seeds are delicious with almost anything, the sweet of the maple syrup with the spicy taste of the paprika is perfect. Subtle, but very good.
- pumpkin seeds 32 g
- smoked paprika 10 g
- cumin seeds 10 g
- maple syrup 5 ml
- salt 1.25 g
- Preheat oven to 150 °C (300 °F).
- Mix 10 g (2 tsp) of smoked paprika, 10 g (2 tsp) of ground cumin, 1.25 g of salt and 5 ml (1 tsp) of maple syrup together. Add 32 g (1/2 cup) of raw pumpkin seeds.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper, spread seeds out as flat and as apart from each other as you can on the sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, at the 10 minute mark stir seeds around and then bake for another 10 minutes.
- Eat as a snack or add as a topping in soups!