anise bread with sweet pear sauce
2 mini loaves — 40 minutes
I love baking with the mini silicone pans I bought, I've been making mini everything. This time, I made some anise bread topped with a sweet sauce, and loaded with caramelized pear chunks.
My bag of anise seeds has been sitting in my pantry, for way too long, begging for purpose. The taste of anise pairs very well with pears.
- flax seeds 15 g
- water 45 ml
- granulated sugar 50 g
- anise seeds 5 g, ground
- all purpose flour 90 g
- baking powder 7 g
- soy milk 150 ml
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Put 15 g (1 tbsp) of ground flax seeds with 45 ml (3 tbsp) of water, let thicken for 5 minutes (this is your flax 'egg'). Mix in 50 g (1/4 cup) of sugar and stir until dissolved. Add 5 g (1 tsp) of ground anise seeds, and mix once more.
- Add 90 g (3/4 cup) of all purpose flour to a bowl with 7 ml (1 1/2 tsp) of baking powder. Mix.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones, while gradually adding a bit over 150 ml of soy milk.
- Transfer evenly, to 2 mini loaf pans.
- bosc pear 1
- canola oil 15 ml
- granulated sugar 15 g
- maple syrup 15 ml
- Cut your bosc pear into cubes.
- Heat a pan at medium to high heat, add 60 ml (1/4 cup) of unrefined canola oil. Once melted, add 15 g (1 tbsp) of sugar and 15 ml (1 tbsp) of maple syrup.
- Once it starts to boil, add the cubed bosc pear and lower the heat. Let it bathe in the sweet mixture for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the 2 mini loaves, bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool and serve!