It's mini loaf craze! Love baking with the mini silicone pans I bought, I've been making mini everything. This time, I made some anise bread topped with a sweet sauce, and loaded with caramelized pear chunks.
My bag of anise seeds has been sitting in my pantry, for way too long, begging to be given a purpose. The taste of anise pairs very well with pears.
- flax seeds 15 g
- water 45 ml
- granulated sugar 50 g
- anise seeds 5 g, ground
- all purpose flour 90 g
- baking powder 7 g
- soy milk 150 ml
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Put 15 g (1 tbsp) of ground flax seeds with 45 ml (3 tbsp) of water, let thicken for 5 minutes (this is your flax 'egg'). Mix in 50 g (1/4 cup) of sugar and stir until dissolved. Add 5 g (1 tsp) of ground anise seeds, and mix once more.
- Add 90 g (3/4 cup) of all purpose flour to a bowl with 7 ml (1 1/2 tsp) of baking powder. Mix.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones, while gradually adding a bit over 150 ml of soy milk.
- Transfer evenly, to 2 mini loaf pans.
- bosc pear 1
- canola oil 15 ml
- granulated sugar 15 g
- maple syrup 15 ml
- Cut your bosc pear into cubes.
- Heat a pan at medium to high heat, add 60 ml (1/4 cup) of canola oil. Once melted, add 15 g (1 tbsp) of sugar and 15 ml (1 tbsp) of maple syrup.
- Once it starts to boil, add the cubed bosc pear and lower the heat. Let it bathe in the sweet mixture for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the 2 mini loaves, bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool and serve!